Canada-based Nigerian Singer Stephanie Otobo claims to be a born again christian.

 

 

Stephanie Otobo, the Canada-based Nigerian singer cum stripper who accused Apostle Johnson Suleman the General Overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide of being her secret lover now claims to be a born-again Christian.

With the sex scandal she created when she came out to say the man of God had sex with her, got her pregnant, promised to marry her and later abandon her refusing to die down, Otobo now feels it is the right time to shun her bad ways and embrace God.
Otobo who recently dropped a musical video entitled 'I Depend on You', said she got the inspiration for the song when she was incarcerated at the Kirikiri Prisons where she spent some weeks following Apostle Suleman's petition against her.
Shortly after going back to her base, Otobo sued the Apostle for $5 million but now she says she has handed everything to God.
In an interview with an online platform in Canada, Otobo said:


“What really inspired me was my experience in jail in Nigeria. It was the fear and terror I lived through while in jail in Kirikiri prison.
I live in Canada and if I was a thief, one day I would expect to go to jail. If I was a killer, one day I would expect to go to jail.
I have never done anything that would make me think that I could ever go to jail. So, going to jail in Nigeria was a terror. I remember that my father came out to say some things about me then when I was in jail.
Even though he couldn’t do anything to help me, knowing that I have his support meant everything to me. The experience in prison made me ask God for mercy and for His help to scale through.
My life currently is like a whole new experience. Whatever I had done or practiced didn’t please God. I don’t do them anymore. I left them all behind in the pool of the drama with the man of God. Old things have passed away and this is a new me.
I have loved music since I was a child. During children functions at the church, I would take the lead roles. I did choreography and worship.
Since then, I had loved to sing when I grew older and become a star. I was doing secular music before I came out with my gospel single."
It is left to be seen if she has withdrawn the suit she filed against Apostle Suleman or if he too would let the matter die as he has said he will do everything possible to clear his name from the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment